Over the weekend, Adam and I hosted our first official visitor, my sister Katie. It was fun/exhausting/amazing having her in the city. A few facts became apparent during her stay:
- Our apartment is not as big as it seems when you add another body into the mix. Neither is our kitchen or bathroom for that matter.
- It’s easy to kill a few bottles of wine in the spirit of celebration. Aging also becomes more apparent the more wine you consume. #headachehangover
- It’s easy to spend a lot of money quickly, especially if you’re catching up on sister time.
- You walk a lot in this city. I mean A LOT.
- You offset all the walking with an obscene amount of eating. #gainnotlose up in our house.
- I miss my sisters. And family. But I also love the little life we have in the city. Suddenly I feel very adult.