I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with New Year’s resolutions. On one hand, I recognize that my millennial self truly needs some life accountability. On the other, I’ve never understood why we wait until a single point in the year to make any movement toward achieving personal goals.
This year, I’m trying to do more of everything that furthers happiness, love, and adventure…and less of everything else. Because, fuck the rest of it, you know? 2015 is going to be hard to top – 2016, let’s see what you’ve got.
- Focus on the present. The chaos and unrest and ugly in the world has taught me that nothing, not one damn thing, in life is guaranteed, and worrying about what might happen won’t make it any more predictable.
- Love unconditionally and without agenda. As a top priority. And, forgiveness.
- Explore. The world is a big place, and there are a million places we want to see and things we want to do. Starting now, we’re checking items off the list, whether it’s a birthday trip to Europe (holla at me golden birthday) or a weekly vow to meet for drinks after work.
- Do us. Everyone has an opinion about everything…our unconventional last name, where we live, what we spend our money on, when we should have kids, how we make a living… This year, it’s only about what works for us.
- Stop swearing. LOL, just kidding. F bombs and d bags for everyone this year!
Oh and, loseabunchofweight, saveatonofmoney and beabossbitchatwork are somewhere in that mix, too. Turns out I can’t totally let go of the whole resolution thing after all. : )