Happy, happy birthday to my mom! Because my parents are way cooler than me, and because they realized long ago that an empty nest means more travel and more freedom, they’re ringing in her 40th year (lol) in Iceland. Even though our invite got lost somewhere in the mail, we’re still celebrating Mama Z and all her glory today (and every day).
As I get older, I realize more and more how lucky I got when the Big Guy gave me her for a mom. To my biggest cheerleader, greatest supporter and favorite lady: I’m so thankful for you and your unconditional love. Thank you for teaching me the most important things about life, love and everything in between.
- Love with your whole self. Every single bit of it.
- Family is everything. Sometimes they’ll amaze you and sometimes they’ll disappoint you. But they’ll always be there for you.
- Understand you can’t make people like you. Everyone won’t and that’s okay.
- There’s always s’more room for dessert.
- Disappointment is inevitable. Keep moving forward; life will go on.
- Find wonder in the every day.
- The bigger picture isn’t always visible. Accept your challenges, they make you stronger.
- You don’t know it all. No one does.
- Sparklers. Sparklers. Sparklers.