Yesterday was a rough day eating-wise. Pretty much anything put on the table, I ate. Dip, bread, chips, Asian food, potato salad, cheesecake, cookies, brownies, banana bread…I can actually feel my tush and thighs growing as I recollect the smorgasbord. Needless to say, Sunday had to be better for the waistline, which was difficult being that it’s Pancake Sunday and all.
I was late to the game with the whole Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter bonanza, but I am in it now and I am likin’ what’s being thrown down. I generally just eat it on a spoon, but for about a week I’ve been talking about putting Cookie Butter on my pancakes (so the whole “start eating healthy on Sunday” thing really threw a wrench in my plans). Because I certainly wasn’t willing to give up Pancake Sunday, and I really wasn’t willing to give up Cookie Butter, either- I tried a new, Weight-Watchers-friendly pancake recipe so I could have both. Not going to lie- pretty impressed with how my healthy ‘cakes came out (wayyyy better than my yamcakes fiasco a few weeks ago).
I snagged the original pancake recipe here, but modified it to suite my needs, and ingredients (my recipe is below). Adam, of course, had regular banana pancakes. He mixed it up with a homemade cherry/powdered sugar topping. Delicious, but really not a fair comparison to my Cookie Butter Pancakes.
I love Pancake Sundays. : )
- 3/4 cup flour (the recipe says wheat flour, but wheat and white are = WW points, so white wins in this case)
- 1/3 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt (original recipe calls for applesauce. I didn’t feel like buying it, so I used plain, non-fat Greek yogurt instead)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon (I used more- I’m into cinnamon)
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon no-cal artificial sweetener
- Vanilla (as much as you like)
- 1 warmed apple cooked with cinnamon, no-cal sweetener and vanilla
- Cookie Butter!
*Note: the above will make 2 servings (3 pancakes/serving), so I halved it. Also, even though the original recipe says 3 points = 3 pancakes, I think 3 pancakes = 4 points. Not that 1 point makes a difference when Cookie Butter is involved…
- Mix all ingredients until smooth
- Cook on non-stick skillet
- Serve with Cookie Butter
- Enjoy every bite (and take an Insta and tag it #pancakesundays !)